This event is arranged with the support of Digital Circle.
This is a FREE course. You must register in advance to secure your place.
Use #HCskills for tweets before, during and after this event!
This course is intended for those with skills in Unity3D and who wish to learn how to develop visually compelling games using advanced animation and visual effects.
Feedback from previous Unity training events
- 'Gavin's experience was evident'
- 'I liked .. step-by-step guidance'
- 'Course was... very well timed and prepared'
- 'The most valuable part of this course was... talking to experienced instructors'
Overview of Effects in Unity
A demonstration of how real time effects can be used within Unity3D to improve the visual appeal to users in the end game product. Samples and demos will be provided with effects and the lessons will outline how these effects can be accomplished.
Using Physics for Real Time Effects
Unity3Ds built in Physics engine can allow for realistic physical mechanisms which can include aspects such as force and momentum, applying force to hinges and joints to develop rope bridges. Providing artist with the ability to generate realistic cloth within the scenes and reducing the need for extra animations.
Lighting Rigs and Animation
A hands on sample outlining the visual impact animation and lighting can make to a scene. Making use of multiple cameras and lights within the scene.
Controlling a scenes animation may be important during cases where a user is being guided along a story driven path. Unity’s Animation system is capable of providing a similar environment to many 3D artists and yet simple enough for a new user to grasp and still produce interesting animations.
Characters can be created with a host of animations to suit the development project. Using a sample character, a step by step process of how to effectively set up and handle the animations. Blending multiple animations and adapting properties in real time will speed up the development time.
Handling animations via scripts becomes an important part in many games to ensure everything flows together nicely. Best practices and samples will be outlined to aid both new and familiar users to Unity3D. Using Shaders to Enhance the Scene
Shaders have become a popular method of greatly improving the visual look and feel of a game without impacting too heavily on resources such as hardware. Shaders can impact elements in the scene such as providing fur on creatures, or change the look of the overall game to look as an old time TV. A demonstration on how to best utilise built in shaders along with how to create them from the ground up.
About your trainers
• Gavin is the CTO of Troll inc and head of R&D
• As part of Troll inc he has developed multiple apps and games and released these to market • He has a strong background in programming and skilled in all facets of game development
• He has also taught game development in the University of Ulster for the past 4 years
• Darragh has a background in both game design and programming; and is a game designer and Programmer at Troll Inc.
• As part of Troll Inc he has developed multiple apps and games and released these to market.
• He has previous experience teaching both Mathematics and Game Development